Tuesday, January 27, 2015

I never thought I would show my boobs on the internet

breastfeeding_boobs_on_internet


Since my daughter's birth, I have posted more pictures of my boobs on the internet than I had ever anticipated. Ok, I never really anticipated ANY pictures of my breasts lingering on the internet, but that's beside the point. I was nervous about posting my first breastfeeding selfie, I was scared of what others would say or think. But then I thought, "if I don't post breastfeeding selfies, who will?". 

The truth is that lots of people do, and I'm glad that's the case. See, I always post pictures of things I love and everything my baby does. Breastfeeding is a huge part of our lives now, and I'm happy to share that. 

The truth is, I love breastfeeding. I remember crying through cluster feedings and cracked nipples (yikes). There have been many ups and downs, but overall, it's definitely love. I love the closeness breastfeeding brings to me and my daughter. I love the awesomeness of being the sole provider of her nutrition. I love being able to comfort her at any moment. There are so many things that I love about breastfeeding. And now, I'm sharing them through photos on the internet. 

If you would've told me a year ago that I would be posting weekly photos of my breasts on the Internet, I might have called you crazy. Now I proudly share photos of my little nursling, usually sleeping at the breast. I proudly post these photos and hashtag them (#breastfeeding #boobsrock #nursing #normalizebreastfeeding). I hope that these photos will not only share my love for my daughter and breastfeeding, but also inspire others and help to normalize breastfeeding. 

It's important to me, and it's important to my daughter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment